Rafeef Al Faris / Host
Rafeef Al Faris shows
Rafeef Al Faris, host and producer of Mediterranean Music on 90.5 WICN, is an Iraqi poet, writer, and journalist who holds a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. She’s worked as a Computer Science instructor for high school and college students in Libya, in addition to coding databases for companies and libraries in Iraq and Libya.
In addition, Rafeef has:
-Served as Editor-in-Chief of several websites and magazines
-Former member of the Iraqi Journalists Syndicate
– Member of the Board of Directors of the Foundation for Human Rights and Civil Society.
– Member of the Arab Internet Writers Union.
– Member of the Federation of Arab Cultures in Malaysia.
– a book of poetry (The One Who Knocking on the Door of Light…) 2015 Edition
– a book of poetry (Dawn announces its lanterns ) 2022 Edition
– a book of short stories entitled The Other Side of the Storm
– A Biography and Impressionist Criticism entitled Yahya Al-Samawi… A Poem on the Shoulder of a Homeland, a joint work of 2018
– I write for various Iraqi and Arab newspapers and websites.
– I worked as an art director and designer for Iraqi and Arab publishing houses.
-Winner of the Nazik Al Malaka Prize for Literature 2013 for the poem In My Blood is Your Promise
– Recipient of the Baghdad Governorate (Creativity and Excellence Award) for purposeful writings.
-Winner of the Short Story Prize on the International Day of the Arabic Language in Baghdad: About her story (love story)
– Received the Medal of Culture in the field of poetry from the Forum of Arab Intellectuals in America, Canada for the year 2015
– Winner of the Appreciation Award for the Aljwahri Association Competition 2016
Winner of the 2019 International Literary Union Short Story Competition for the story A Box of Colors.