Underwriting on WICN
WICN’s programs inform, inspire, and entertain. By supporting WICN, you’ll enjoy the difference it makes for your business while supporting our broadcast operations. A strategic Underwriting partnership with WICN Public Radio–and our deeply loyal audience—provides your business with the advantage of live and local public radio.
Like a vinyl record, the benefits of becoming a WICN sponsor are two-sided. On the “A” side: you’ll be promoting your company to a unique, affluent, and loyal listenership; on the “B” side: you’ll be doing something great for your community!
Business owners that partner with WICN to help reach their marketing goals enjoy the support of our incredibly loyal and affluent audience. After all, being on the air for over 50 years has built a lot of trust with our listeners! WICN’s sought-after audience tunes in every day for the best Jazz+ programming in Central New England, and they support the businesses that support WICN.
Facts and Figures
- Trust: we have 54+ years of trust and dependability built in the Central Massachusetts community.
- Uncluttered Environment: Your announcements stand out. We run only 3 spot sets per hour, with no more than three sponsors per set. Only the most important facts are included so that listeners are more inclined to absorb your message.
- Longer Time Spent Listening: 90.5 WICN listeners tend to listen for long periods of time–often measured in hours rather than minutes. This means your message is heard more often by the people you want to come to your business.
- WICN’s audience is mature, educated, and affluent. 52% of our listeners have combined household incomes of $100,000 or more and describe themselves as professionals or executives.
- Over 65% of our listeners are inclined to purchase products or services from companies that support public radio. More importantly, 70% believe it is important to do business with a company that supports nonprofit arts organizations.
Benefits of Becoming a Sponsor on WICN
- Direct access to a concentrated, affluent, and educated audience with a tremendous personal commitment to WICN…this is their station. Their membership helps fund the station they choose to listen to.
- Credibility. NPR is recognized as a trusted news source with quality programming. It’s credibility by association.
- Appreciation from your colleagues, customers, staff, and peers, who recognize your commitment to the community.
We want to work in collaboration with you. We will build a customized package for your business that offers benefits to you via several different delivery vehicles. As a Corporate Member, you will have the opportunity to utilize standard Underwriting spots, sponsor a specific program for a set period of time, and participate in a Challenge Grant during one of our quarterly Membership Drives. You will also be included in our many value-added facets, such as inclusion in emails to our 5,000-member database; promotion on our social media channels; your logo and link on our website, and access to our in-studio performances.
A Corporate Membership spreads your goodwill throughout the year at a cost that is feasible for companies of all sizes.
For more information, please contact Al Vuona, email@example.com or call 508-752-0700.
Some of our Underwriters: https://www.wicn.org/underwriters/